Website themes are a very important feature for any website. When an online store is being setup, the themes for an e-commerce website is usually decided there and then. Website themes can be changed later on and so can the templates for websites, but that requires maintenance shutdown of the website. An e commerce theme can be chosen from a wide variety that is available online. Most of them are for free while some cost a small amount. These themes vary with the feature that they have to offer. Some of the basic features that need to be considered when selecting an e-commerce theme are:
- The e-commerce theme should be friendly. Customers like user friendly themes. The themes that are difficult to navigate put off customers.
- The layout of the website should be not be cluttered as the cluttered website makes the things look confusing and ultimately confuses the customer.
- The website should be responsive and load easily and quickly. This feature will ensure that quick loading will not let the customers wander. Through a survey it has been found that around 60% people prefer to visit websites that are fast loading.
- The pictures and other images included in the website should be relevant to the product that is being sold.
- The shopping cart should remember the visits from the customers and allow the display of things that they have already added in the previous session. This leads to purchases that otherwise might not have been done and forgotten.
- There should be more than one payment option included on the website this makes it easy for the customers to decide according to their own comfort.
- There should be a search option on the website as this helps the customers find what they are looking for much quickly. Having filters also help.
- The products should have more than one image associated with them. This will give the customers an all-round idea about the product that is being sold.
- Including customers reviews will help the customer make decision. The reviews will provide them with a one to one feel of the product and then help them decide if the product is right for them or not.
- There should be product details; this will help the customers make informed decisions.
Selecting a website theme keeping in mind, these features will ensure constant traffic. The website provides the opportunity to shop at any time, and therefore the pages and the products alignment should be self-explanatory.